Friday, September 13, 2019

African Fabrics Versus Winter Color Palate

........... Hello Everyone ...........

We hope everyone is having a great week, here in our studio in Dar es Salaam we have been very busy with clearing all the orders that we received when we had BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE that happened throughout August. Making sure that everyone receives the right order but also maintain our quality standards. But at the same time, we have been busy transforming from the Summer to Fall/Winter Season.



This week I went shopping for the new Africa Print Fabrics from our local marketplace where we normally purchase our fabric. I normally source all the fabrics from individual shops in the busy market called “Kariakoo in Dar es Salaam. And I am always satisfied with lots of fabrics options that this market has. I am telling you this market is very busy, lots of people, everyone is busy and if you can’t keep your eyes open you might be lost in the crowd. Anyways, my main task was to find the African prints fabrics and I was able to keep my eyes in choosing the best fabrics for you.



However, my challenge this time was mainly trying to pick fabrics that would much with the Winter Color Palette. As we know, African prints fabric has many colors more than 5+ colors can be printed on the fabric. So my main target was to ensure the colors would match closely to the Winter Colors. The easiest way I used was to focus on the dominating color in the fabric and then use that dominating color to match with the winter pallet that I had.

BIKING RED : We found this beautiful fabric match very well with Biking Red


CHILI PEPPER : it’s like Christmas / Holiday Color and this fabric says it all



EDEN & FRUIT DOVE : A rarely found fabric ... A mix of Eden and Fruit-Dove color in one African Fabric



GALAXY BLUE : The fabric has very pretty Blue Color with addition has some "Galaxy Kind Of Print”



This time my main focus was to find the fabrics with “Redish, Bluish, Greenish etc so that we match with the Winter Color Palate. It was a good challenge but at the end of the day, I was o glad that I found some vibrant prints but also maintained the seasonal colors. I found some beautiful fabrics that we are going to use in the new designs that will fit in the coming Fall/Winter season. The first collection will be launched next week on 20 September 2019.

We hope you will love the fabrics as much as we do and please stay tuned for the new design of BLAZERS that will drop next week. We will surely update you and send you an email…. STAY TUNED

Before I go, if you have any questions please feel free contact me here and if you have any concern/idea/suggestion please leave your comments below

Thank you and Have a Blessed Weekend

ABBY

Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest Etsy Shop

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE